Corneal Tattoo

Had my corneal tattoo procedure performed today. After the Dr. checked my eyes, I lay down in what appeared to be a LASIK surgery room. They put a ton of numbing drops in my eyes, patched up one eye so they could work on the other. They taped my eyelashes down, inserted the specula (instrument that holds your eye open) and proceeded. Felt a bit of poking - didn't hurt, but was more uncomfortable than the iridotomy. Maybe even more pressure than the ICL itself. It took almost as long. I think the instrument (I swear it looked like a needle) is designed to remove or scratch the surface of your cornea so the ink will absorb into the layer just underneath. The Dr used the LASIK microscope to perform the procedure, but no lasers are involved. After performing the same procedure on both eyes, it was done and I was back in the room where he could observe the work. Apparently the iridotomy holes are completely covered - even he can't see through them anymore with the optical instruments. Voila - done!

As I walked home, I could feel the discomfort set in. Just feels like scratchy eyes. I have to use Viagmox & Maxidex again, 4x a day for 3-4 days only. Yay - the drops return :( My biggest concern right now is that while walking home in the bright sunlight, I noticed that nothing really changed. I can still see the white line glare when I lift my lids! I guess I'll wait a few days and see what happens...but I'm a bit disappointed/annoyed by this. If it's covered, it should be covered! Or at least reduced. I'll see what happens over the next while. Overall, the procedure was a bit scary, but pretty quick and relatively painless. I just hope it works.

Comments

  1. So did it work? Same thing is happening to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have written about my subsequent experience throughout the rest of my blog. Click through to learn more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see halos?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3+ year update: narrowing vault/space in left eye :(

It has been decided: Iridotomy