I have a tattoo, but you can't see it.(+ more on halos)

So I can finally say I have a tattoo - even though I've never really wanted one. I fear the pain - so naturally, I got two! On my eyeballs! lol. Oh the irony that is life...

Day 3 and my eyes are returning to normal. The dry, scratchy feeling after getting the tattoo is pretty much gone. Just back to my normal dry eyes. *grumbles*

I have noticed a side-effect that I haven't talked about before. I did mention that I already had halos and streaks of light pre-ICL because of my crappy eyes, but I noticed it is much worse in only one specific instance. When I'm looking at a small, concentrated speck of light in the pitch black. Specifically, around alarm clocks, the light in your smoke detector... that's pretty much it. In the middle of the night, when everything else is pitch black, the halos around these objects are really bad! I can now understand why some people, who have it much worse, would be very disappointed in their ICLs. But since I can still see the time clearly... it's not a big deal for me. Just thought I should point that out before I forgot (because it is that minuscule!). No major halo distortions at night (outside, driving, in your house, etc.)- only in the absolute pitch black dark from tiny, specific and focused digital light sources.

Tomorrow is the last day I have to use Vigamox & Maxidex. Again. Good riddance!

Comments

  1. I have also started blogging about my experience, so far so good! Only the iridotomy done... I posted on your video post before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I shall check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, sorry for asking so many questions and what not, but how did you feel the next day. I've committed myself to a walkathon for charity the next day after surgery and I debating whether I should still do it or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. no problem, ask away!

    i think it's probably best to take some time off and not do anything too strenuous. i think the most important thing is to keep your eyes clean and avoid infection, so if your walkathon is in an urban setting, things like dust, construction sites, etc. you should be careful of. you will have to wear gigantic, uncomfortable sunglasses and use antibiotic drops 4x a day, so keep these in mind. My vision was pretty clear (20/30), but I did not get to 20/20 for a few weeks. Better safe than sorry - esp in the few days after (any) surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there.. just curious if the white line has improved now that the tattoo has been there for a while. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa: i just wrote an updated entry. Check it out and let me know if you have any further questions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3+ year update: narrowing vault/space in left eye :(

It has been decided: Iridotomy