1.25 Years Later

Just had my eyes checked with my regular annual optometrist. Despite still having 20/20 right eye and a 20/30 left eye, she is recommending reading glasses. I'm not sure if this is a money making tactic, but I'm refusing at this point... I see fine, but I do notice the difference (improvement) with the sample glasses she provided to help me understand the difference. It's a minute one, but it's definitely there as someone who reads a lot. So no glasses for now - I'm holding out! It's too soon. haha. I'm not looking forward to bifocals, which will likely happen within the next 10+ years of my life!

The weather has been beautiful & sunny - and I love putting on my Ray Bans everyday, instead of some terrible pre-ICL alternative (when I had glasses)!

Comments

  1. Thank you for continuing to update your blog! I have a consultation on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elie and Lisa! Lisa -- good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the iridotomy yesterday! I have the dreaded white lines. I will still continue on with the ICL surgery on the 22nd. I hope I can learn to live with these lines as you obviously have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa: Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I hope everything worked out for you. I am lucky in that I have smaller eyes, so the line doesn't appear unless I force it to - i.e. purposely lift my eye lids as high as I can under super bright lighting. I hope that's the same for you. If I had to see the white line constantly, I might be more upset with the results... do talk to your doctor about corneal tattoos. Granted, mine did not work, but he did offer a second round to make the tattoo darker/wider. I declined the further surgical procedure since I don't notice mine anyway...all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI - I changed my Blogger name from ICLer to onedimensionalman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Lisa from above comments....just thought about this blog because it's been a year since my ICLs. BEST DECISION EVER. And the white lines that I mentioned above...totally disappeared after a few months. Like magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Lisa! I still see mine if I consciously think about it-- then force my eyes into an uncomfortable angle. But I don't notice them on a daily basis otherwise. Glad to hear you're a happy camper!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3+ year update: narrowing vault/space in left eye :(

It has been decided: Iridotomy