1 month


Good news and ok news.

Unfortunately, I'm still 20/30 in my left eye, but my right eye is 20/20 now! And together the doctor said I'm seeing 20/20! Yay! He said I could get LASIK to correct the left eye to 20/20 or get a 0.75 prescription, but I declined. If I'm seeing 20/20, why would I go through that? Especially with the dry eye which I'm already dealing with... Cannot make it worse with LASIK (dry eye is a common side effect). So yes, I'm 20/20! (with the left eye slightly blurry when I look at text from a distance while covering my right eye).

The only lingering issue is the white line glare I have from the iridotomy procedure in certain situations. They're going to do the corneal tattoo procedure to fix it on April 1. Quick procedure apparently.  Fingers crossed. Will update then!

In other news, I went sunglasses shopping on the weekend... debating between the Ray Ban New Wayfarer's or a pair of Diors. Oh Visian ICLs... Thank you. *beams* :D

Comments

  1. Please keep us updated on the corneal tattoo! I am an Asian female and I sleep with my eyes open, thus I have very dry eyes. Reading your blog feels like I'm reading about myself! I have been denied for LASIK because of my high prescription (-9!!!) and dry eyes. The only thing holding me back from ICLs is fear of the "white line"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa: thanks for your message! Glad to hear I'm not the only one! The reason for the delay was that my appointment got postponed. I will post about it as soon as I have it done sometime in the next couple of weeks (keeps getting moved).

    I would say and remind you that the "white line" is not really a white line. It's more like a translucent glare and that I would still do the ICL even if I couldn't reverse this side effect. It's only noticeable in some situations and I could definitely live (happily) even with this side effect. However, given the option, I will obviously try to remove it.

    Apparently, it involves a tool that "scrapes" the surface of the eye and applies the ink. It's supposedly quick, but the recovery can be uncomfortable with drops for a few days after (since they're scratching the surface of your cornea). Kinda freaky... but i've scratched my cornea with contacts before, so I imagine it'll be the same - without the visual blurriness of course since the iridotomy is out of the field of vision.

    Will update you soon! Take care in the meantime and do find out if there's a surgeon able to perform a corneal tattoo in your area (not sure where in the world you are living in) as it is not a common skill or procedure offered. Hopefully, you won't experience it at all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3+ year update: narrowing vault/space in left eye :(

It has been decided: Iridotomy