4 Year ICL Anniversary

Template update: I'm on an everlasting quest for a cleaner, more functional Blogger template...

Can't believe it has been 4 years now since I've had ICLs done. My life has truly been changed for the better -- however, I am very aware of the terrible potential side effects that folks have experienced. A quick glance at the numerous comments I have received over the years in each of my posts reflects this. I still maintain that it is a personal choice - one that you should take very seriously. I also strongly believe that people remain unaware - due to doctor salesmanship - of the very real side effect of the "white line glare." I haven't heard from many others like me who have a corneal tattoo yet, so do reach out if you have received it successfully (mine was not successful).

For now, I am anxiously awaiting the risk of early onset cataracts. Despite the studies, I hope it doesn't happen to me! My next annual check up with my Ophthalmologist is May 2017 so I will provide an update then. My last check up revealed a narrowing vault in one of my eyes: a bad sign that could lead to cataracts. I believe this has been due to my dry eyes and rubbing them in my sleep contributing to pressure on the ICL... something I haven't figured out how to stop :( But we shall see..

Thanks for all your stories. I hope this blog continues to remain helpful to those considering and/or having undergone the relatively rare ICL procedure. All the best!

Comments

  1. Thank you for continuing your posts--there are so few (relative to LASIK, anyway) who share ongoing ICL and post-ICL experience.. know that it's still helpful and very much appreciated! Looking forward to hearing about your May check-up in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear ICLer
    I can't read the interesting comments on your last entry " 3+ year update: narrowing vault/space in left eye :("
    When I press "View comments" it just keeps on loading? Does anyone else have this problem? I would love to be able to read about the study and the following discussion in that entry.
    Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm i wonder if it is because there are too many comments! Weird... you're right.

      Delete
    2. The template I chose apparently contains a defect which does not allow comments to be viewed! Ugh... it should work now that I've chosen a different template!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3+ year update: narrowing vault/space in left eye :(

It has been decided: Iridotomy